The TATA Crucible Corporate Semifinals 09 was a fiercely bought battle with all teams looking to secure a place in the prestigious finals. Many reviews will be written about the same on different blogs in dayz to come, so let us come straight to the questions!!
Semi finals 1
1) This worldwide household item was invented by Chapel Carter in 1896 and is associated with cleanliness, hygeine etc etc.
2) What does NAEST stand for in US?
North America Eastern Standard Time
3) This famous inventor was the master of Royal mint?
4) ISO 4217 is the international standard describing 3 letter codes for what?
Currency Codes (like INR for indian ruppee)
5) Brands Sanex & Radox were bought by Unilever from?
6) What was recently dubbed as a money spinner for the publishing industry and called "Project Soloman's Key".
Dan Brown's The Last Symbol
1) This term originated in 19th century to denote unfinished business. It took its current meaning in 1904. Symptoms include dehydration, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
2) Invented in 1935 by William Byler as a concept by the name of Black light.
3) Some qtn on Mueller Athletic tape
4) Two companies 'Wolf Ollins' & 'Keno Design' were in the race for it.
London Olympics logo
5) The most famous single copy of this is a 1937 edition owned by S W Swanton. some more trivia.
6) Created by Wieden+Kennedy and later adopted by icons like John Kerry, Matt Damon etc
7) It is marketed as 'For the cold & freaky, ....'
Heath Ledger Mask
8) A barren land was bought in 1840 by Lord Aukland. He had two daughter Emilie & Fannie who developed it into a garden. Some more history trivia.
1) It is a tribe of warrior woman in Greece.
2) Pic of Tamiflu formula
3) Pic of balance scorecard
4) Logo of Mysore paints & Varnishes
5) Three words written on Fugio coin series
Mind your business
6) Pic of Charles Ponzi
1) Peregrine Falcons and a pic of book 'Changing focus'.
2) Some qtn on an indian company
3) 1st foreigner to appear on british stamp
M K Gandhi
4) D360 is the new venture of
5) Launched first in the mexican market in 1960s followed by worldwide launch. Ultra. filter etc some varieties.